Optical lenses are extremely technical and precisely fitted to the unique needs of the patient. All of our lenses are individually specified and custom-made to fit your prescription and the frame you’ve chosen.
We only provide the highest quality lenses for our patients. After all, it only makes sense for us to offer superior quality lenses that are on par with our world-class eyecare! At any of our 9 prescription glasses stores in Tasmania, our teams will tailor prescription glasses to your individual needs.
Types of Lenses
We use lenses from a variety of suppliers because no one supplier can provide every lens design to suit every requirement. This allows us to offer our customers a breadth of fantastic options from the leading suppliers. Generally, our lenses are:
- Near (reading)
Multifocal / Progressive lenses
- All purpose (combines your distance and near prescription)
- Desk (for computer work and reading)
- Distance prescription with a reading segment
- Distance with a reading segment plus an intermediate vision segment
- Impact-resistant material
- Any of the above lenses with a coloured tint or polarising filter in any optical sunglass or optical frame
Quality Lens Coatings
Each of these lenses may have further options depending on the purpose and needs of the person. We always provide a 100% UV coating on all lenses at no extra cost. Additional features can be added such as:
- Tint for sun protection
- Multicoat for greater clarity, scratch resistance and to reduce reflection and glare
- Diamond coat provides almost-glass scratch resistance
- Digital screen protection to improve vision and reduce fatigue associated with screen use
- Thinner, lighter lenses use a superior lens material to reduce the thickness and weight of the lens
- Colour change technology will darken your lenses in sunlight and return to clear indoors
- Full or graduated tint and mirror tints to make any frame a pair of sunglasses
If for any reason you’re not completely satisfied with your new Total Eyecare lenses, we provide a generous warranty. Here are the key warranty features:
- 12-24 month manufacturer’s warranty on frames
- 2-year manufacturer’s warranty on faulty lenses
- 3-month adaptation warranty on new lenses
- Free frame servicing for the life of your frame
- 50% off replacement glasses if lost or damaged within 12 months of purchase.
Ask instore for our full warranty terms and conditions.
Buy Prescription Glasses Online
For the convenience of our customers, we also make it easy to buy prescription glasses online. Browse the website today to find a frame that suits you, from the comfort of your home! If you would rather visit a branch or need an eye examination before you can choose prescription glasses, visit one of our locations: