Total Eyecare Optometrists will be the leading provider of quality eyecare and eyewear in our community.
To improve peoples’ lives by:
- Delivering customised, high quality, comprehensive eyecare
- Embracing leading-edge optometry practice
- Delighting our patients with personalised products and extraordinary service
What guides our business decisions?
- Will it add value or benefit to our patients?
- Is it local?
- Can we use technology to improve our practice?
- Is it sustainable?
- What is the environmental impact?
Each year, a number of our Optometrists volunteer their time and expertise in East Timor. Andrew Koch initially went in 2002 as part of a training program for local eyecare workers, and Total Eyecare has supported this program ever since.
Because of the overwhelming need for optometric services in East Timor, 3 of his colleagues at Total Eyecare have also become regular travellers to our northern neighbour and ongoing programs are now supported both on the ground and behind the scenes.
In January, 2016 our longest-serving optometrist, Micheal Knipe AM became a Member of the Order of Australia for his significant service to optometry, service to the Royal Hobart Hospital Eye Clinic and to the community of Timor-Leste through the East Timor Eye Program. Micheal’s commitment is mirrored by all Total Eyecare optometrists by way of outstanding patient care on a daily basis. Sadly, Micheal passed away in 2019 but Total Eyecare continues his legacy through these programs.
Our staff get involved in supporting “Optometry Giving Sight” charity fundraising also. Our team have raised thousands of dollars through a variety of initiatives including:
- A Trivia Night in 2016 that raised $4,100
- Annual “World Sight Day Challenge”
- Casual Dress Days
- Corporate Donations
- Facilitation of staff donations via their pre-tax pay